Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DIY Girls Be Mine Valentines Day Shirt

Yesterday I shared how I made Bruce's No Sew Heart Breaker tee-shirt refashion for Valentines Day.
Today I would like to share with you the shirt I made for Kiah, for V-Day.

I saw this idea originally on this months Family Fun Magazine.
But of course I put my own little spin on it.

Supplies:
~Plain White tee shirt (Family Fun Mag used red & pink shirts)
~Red or Pink Puff Paint (FFM used white)
~Heart Shaped Paper Doily
~Foam Brush
~Tape
~Card Board

STEP ONE: Stick the card board between the shirt to protect from the paint.

STEP TWO: Stick some tape to the back center of the doily and position it on the front of the shirt.

STEP THREE: Using the foam brush slowly dab the puff paint over the doily holes.

STEP FOUR: Once you have dabbed paint all the way around, carefully pull up the doily.
You will be left with a lovely "lace like" heart print on the shirt!

STEP FIVE: Now here is where I added my own spin on it. I thought it looked a little too plain with just the one empty heart. So I added "Be Mine" to the middle.

Definitely way cuter!
Now just let dry over night.

And it looks totally fabulous!
The perfect little valentines day outfit.
Headband is from Vintage Wanna Bee.


So simple and so cute.
Kiah LOVED it, and I do too. :)


5 comments:

  1. Adorable as usual, can you send me both of the model and her younger brothers for Valentine's day..... I miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, why didn't I think of that?! so smart to use the doily as a stencil!!! love it!
    please share with us over at the handmade Valentine Link party:
    http://www.summitstreetjoy.com/2012/01/handmade-valentines-day-crafts-and.html
    thanks!
    blessings,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! And your daughter is absolutely GORGEOUS! Thank you for joining the blog hop...following you via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Mommy Made. I hope you enjoyed this post. I look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...